Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I feel duped!

I have been trying to put my rats up for adoption. You may have guessed that not everyone is in love with them! lol So I put an add on some local web site and have gotten just a couple of requests. Usually I ask if they have other pets. I don't want my rats to be used as snake food.

Anyway, I have this one gal who seems really interested but poor. She really seems to want a rat but is having a hard time coming up with the money to buy the cage. So then I get another email from another gal who wants the other rat. I'm emailing her back and forth but wants me to bring the rat to her house. So I ask her if she is living with her parents and she says yes. I tell her that I need her parent's permission for her to keep the rat and she tells me that she is 20 and able to make those decisions for herself.

Then the shoe drops today. These two are sisters! One is 13 and the other 20. I didn't realize I was dealing with a 13 year old. I couldn't believe a 13 year old would contact me without asking her mother about having a rat. I'm kind of in shock that I didn't figure it out sooner. What was she going to do when I dropped the rat off and I found out she was only 13?

Anyway, I wrote them both back and told them I was not going to give them either rat unless I talked with their mother and she said it was ok. In the mean time, I told another woman that the rats were probably taken. Maybe that was another 13 year old! Oh no that one said she would come and pick them up.

No comments: