Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Foreign Exchange Student
It is kind of a long story, but my daughter and I may be getting a foreign exchange student next school year. My neighbors have a boy from Germany this year. Then the Spanish teacher asked the community if anyone would be willing to host a foreign exchange teacher. Well our community didn't get picked (we were runner up) and the Spanish teacher and I began emailing and I confessed I had thought about taking in a student. After receiving a few applications of students to look at, I finally sat down with my daughter and talked to her about the idea. She was really interested so I went ahead and filled out the application. I then printed off one of the girls I received (she is from Germany but probably of Indian decent) and we went over it tonight. My daughter had some misconceptions about foreigners from listening to a cousin of hers so I am anxious for the Spanish teacher to come to our home and interview us and maybe answer some questions about these students. I will post more when we are more certain about having a guest. Then we will have to bring her around to visit family and friends and see America.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment