It has been a dream of mine for some time to photograph birds of prey. I finally bought a new camera case that is more convenient to carry around that holds all of my stuff. Well not quite all of it . . . So last week on my way to a friend's house, I spotted this red tailed hawk just hanging around on the power line pole. I pulled over quickly, whipped out the camera, and was out the door taking pics. This beauty was not bothered by my being there. The second bird I spotted was not so cooperative. After pulling over and getting out, if flew down to the next pole. I got back in my vehicle and followed it, only for it to fly too far away for pics. Hopefully I'll get more chances before they migrate for winter.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Birds of Prey
It has been a dream of mine for some time to photograph birds of prey. I finally bought a new camera case that is more convenient to carry around that holds all of my stuff. Well not quite all of it . . . So last week on my way to a friend's house, I spotted this red tailed hawk just hanging around on the power line pole. I pulled over quickly, whipped out the camera, and was out the door taking pics. This beauty was not bothered by my being there. The second bird I spotted was not so cooperative. After pulling over and getting out, if flew down to the next pole. I got back in my vehicle and followed it, only for it to fly too far away for pics. Hopefully I'll get more chances before they migrate for winter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment