Saturday, August 23, 2008

Poolside Frog

School starts for me on Monday and so I've been busy running around the house trying to get all of the things on my summer to do list done. My daughter wanted a canopy for her bed and we finished that yesterday. (If she ever cleans her room, I'll post a picture.)

Also yesterday, I noticed our two amphibian friends at the surface of our pond. I watched them for 5 or 10 minutes. You know what? Frogs don't do much! So this morning as I'm running back and forth between the house and garage getting tools for other projects, I noticed one of our friends taking a sunbath on the wall of the pond. Still in night gown, I raced upstairs for my camera hoping the frog would still be there when I returned. Needless to say it let me get a handful of pics before hopping back into the water.

I did see one of our guests hopping around the house where all of the plants are. So maybe they will winter somewhere in one of the gardens or and I won't have to worry about keeping them alive during winter.

No comments: